Monday 3 August 2015

Good morning...........


Hope you are well today, weather man say a dry day but it is very grey here and I doubt it very much.
I made this card for a friend of very many years, who shall be missed by many people, he loved to chat with anyone he met and had loads of tales to tell.

Lilac matting, Our daily Bread sentiment, inkylicious stamp, distress ink background, ribbon and star slider from stash
I am entering the following challenges.;

Crafts galore encore challenge -------------anything goes

Great impressions stamps challenge --------------add a sentiment

Crafting when we can ------------add a ribbon

The ribbon girls --------------add ribbon

Simply papercrafts -----------------anything goes

I had a day out in Yorkshire yesterday and came home all worn out lol, I visited Helmsley which is a beautiful old market town. It was so busy and all the independent shops were open. (no fast foods or charity shops)

 Superb butchers (I bought Gloucester old spot,  pork, cider and apple sausages) The bakers were cooking all day and the smell of pies and breads was delicious. (bought both lol) There is even a candlestick makers......

 Sat in the market square and had a rum and raisin chocolate cone while people watching. Below is the book shop.

The Parish Church is beautiful, I did leave the castle and birds of prey for another visit.

There was confetti outside from a wedding the previous day.

Look at this stunning view, love the black face sheep.
Thank you for your visit
Hugs Tilly x





10 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

lovely card and looks like a lovely day

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Tilly, I like the scene and the sentiment, I like the pics those sausages sound really nice
Kevin xx

Mynn xx said...

What a STUNNING card! I adore the fabulous silhouette stamping--and that sentiment is perfect! Thank you for joining us at Great Impressions! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Hettie said...

Gorgeous card Tilly. I have some of those stars...time to dig them out ii think!
Refreshing to see an old town with now chains, charity shops etc. Mmmmn some Old Spot....I will be round later.
Hugs
xx

Unknown said...

I love the background and the card is so simple yet amazing. Thank you for taking part in Crafts Galore Encore Challenge ' Anything goes'. Hugs, Monika DT

Whisper said...

Oooo what a simply stunning card.

I'm so jealous of you going to Helmsley - one of the first time i visited Alan in Yorkshire, we went there and stayed at the 'The Pheasant Inn' and i keep nagging him to take me back there, as it was so relaxing and peaceful, Luv Sam x

XxJULESxX said...

beautiful card!!! looks gorgeous that place where you went!

Lynda said...

wow stunning work, I love the way you did the background. Thankyou for joining us over at Crafting When We Can for our 'Ribbon, Lace or Twine challenge' I hope to see you for our blog hop party in the 30th. DT Lynda x

Glittertastic said...

I love the sentiment you've used here - it makes for a very serene card. Those sausages sound awesome aswell! Thanks for joining in with our challenge at Simply Papercraft

Sharon (Glittertastic)
DT Member

Unknown said...

WOW! Such a stunning card! Absolutely love the scene you created for the sentiment! Thank you for joining our Add a Sentiment Stamp Challenge at Great Impressions.
Ruza ~ GI Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner