Friday 9 June 2017

Good morning..

I am joining in with Annie's smiles this week. I was on holiday with my Grandson and his girlfriend last week in a pretty village and cosy cottage of Staindrop near to Barnard Castle.

We were out and about every day, we went to Beamish
We called in Hemsley and Castle Howard, well worth the visit.

High force waterfall,

and Whitley bay lighthouse, we went to Bishop Auckland to do some shopping and a new power pack for my Laptop
Durham Cathedral and rowing on the river while I people watched.......

A visit to Raby Castle which is a mile from the cottage and the pretty church of Staindrop
 imagine being able to drive your carriage into your entrance hall !!! That's a castle lol !

look at the small selection of jelly and pie moulds....a fantastic kitchen with 2 old ovens and a big fire with a spit for roasting the beef!
After our evening meal it was either monopoly or scrabble, the only times we play when on holiday.... lots of laughs over words or building sites!The weather was warm and sunny for most of the week, so much to do and see around that area. We had a really fun week.
Hope you can visit Annie with your smiles


9 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Fabulous pics and glad you had a lovely time Christine
Dianne xx :)

Neet said...

It is a lovely part of our country isn't it? Such beautiful beaches around that area. I love Beamish! You have some lovely photos and I must remember all those places you visited as some I had never thought of before. Did you not visit the famous bookstore? We spent most of our time in there when we went to Alnwick - ut then it rained almost all of the time too.
Hugs, Neet xx

Annie said...

What gorgeous photos of happy times. Thanks for sharing them and joining in the fun.
Hugs,
Annie x

Ashley H said...

Your photos are lovely! What a wonderful holiday :)

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Tilly,

What a wonderful holiday!! I'm determined to visit "across the pond" one day. I really enjoy seeing the different places and learning a bit of history.

I see you are retired - as I will be soon! People tell me that they don't know how they had time to work!! I know that will be me.

Again, thanks for sharing your holiday with us. What absolutely gorgeous pictures. And no, I can't imagine driving my carriage into the entry!

peace,
Kay

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Looks like a great holiday. Had to grin at the Monopoly, I like playing but I am only allowed to play when it's Christmas and the family are all together. Have a great weekend, Angela xxx

Aunty Sue said...

Looks like a fab holiday and get you in your legging looking good

mamapez5 said...

What a lovely holiday. So much to do and see. I love all the copper kitchenware, but I'm glad I don't have to keep it clean!. Kate x

Mau xx said...

Oh Tilly, all on my doorstep!!! We go for our days out in all these places! Glad you had a nice time... we aim to please, lol
hugs Mau xx